Future of Payments in South East AsiaMay 27, 2020
With digital payments expected to exceed over US$ 1 trillion by 2025, it is evident South East Asia is a hotbed for payments innovation.
From near-instant international money transfers to the proliferation of digital wallets, the future for payments in this region certainly looks bright.
In the not so far future, the existence of central-bank backed digital currencies puts the concept of money into question.
But with great convenience also comes new vectors of risks and privacy concerns as well. How can the industry push the barriers of innovation without compromising the users?
Join our panel of speakers from GrabPay, TransferWise, Thales and PwC as we explore these pertinent questions and more:
- Understanding the payments landscape in South East Asia
- QR Payments, CBDCs, Facial Recognition payments – where does the future lie?
- Security and privacy considerations that players must not overlook
- Latest regulatory developments impacting payments in South East Asia
- Ooi Huey Tyng, Managing Director, Head of GrabPay
- Venkatesh Saha, Head, APAC & Middle East Expansion, TransferWise
- Henri Arslanian, Global Crypto Leader, PwC
- Simon Keates, Head of Global Strategy, Payment Security, Thales
Moderated by: Vincent Fong, Chief Editor, Fintech News Malaysia