Gearing up for a Digital Banking Transformation in VietnamNovember 16, 2020
The digital banking race is heating up in Vietnam, spurred on by the COVID-19 pandemic which made it absolutely crucial for banks to step up their digital transformation strategies.
Incumbent banks have risen up to the challenge by ramping up technology adoption, while a handful of other banks took the approach of developing stand-alone virtual banks
With digital banking steadily penetrating in Vietnam and some estimates predicting that it rises to US$8 billion in 2020, Vietnam is a fertile ground for digitally focused banks to thrive.
In this exclusive webinar with Fintech News, we speak with some top industry leaders from MoMo and Digitech Innovation, to deep dive into the digital banking transformation efforts in Vietnam.
Key Discussion Points
- State of fintech and digital banking transformation in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s regulatory development for virtual banks and cloud adoption
- How incumbent banks react to opportunities and compete in the digital banking space
- Anthony Thomas, Chairman of MoMo
- Claude Spiese, Senior Advisor of Digitech Innovation
- Director, Digital and Cloud Product and Strategy of Finastra
Moderated by: Vincent Fong, Chief Editor, Fintech News Malaysia