We are looking for a Senior Manager, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to join Atome’s Regional Compliance team to lead Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in over 10 markets, with a thematic focus on our fast growing business in Malaysia.
You will ideally be a highly numerate individual, love working with data to tell a story to it's stakeholders and possess a deep sense of personal initiative to see through complex projects to completion. This role is located in Malaysia, however, you will be exposed to regional projects across 10 markets.
- Draft, implement and enforce controls relating to our BNPL business over regulatory domains such as AML, Consumer Protection, Shariah Compliance, and Credit Risk;
- Serve as the liaison between regulators, and design regulatory affairs strategies to deepen our relationship with the relevant regulators;
- Represent Atome Malaysia at relevant fora, such as regulatory conferences, industry networking events and trade associations;
Formulate responses to regulatory inquiries;
- Render regulatory advice to stakeholders such as legal, partnerships, business development, operations and strategy teams over all matters relating to our BNPL business;
- Develop and maintain data analytics metrics to support decision making and to ensure the Board maintains adequate oversight over the Compliance program;
- Develop a robust AML enhancement program to ensure processes, practices and procedures are routinely refreshed and kept up to date;
- Work together with other subject matter experts on the Compliance team to roll out best in class compliance standards, such as testing, transaction monitoring, KYC and KYC;
- Assist the Head of Compliance on all matters as directed;
- You will ideally have a minimum of 10 years experience in regulatory compliance and affairs within a financial institution (ideally fintech) and/ or with Bank Negara Malaysia;
- Significant experience managing engagements with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally. Excellent stakeholder management skills is a must as you will be required to communicate frequently with various stakeholders;
- Experience developing or driving Compliance programs for a regulated entity;
- Possess a numerical disposition, as you are required to leverage data to help you form compelling use-cases to influence Compliance objectives;
- Proven ability to work and multi-task under pressure, with the ability to pivot quickly to changing situations in complex environments;
- Possess a deep sense of personal initiative to drive complex Compliance projects to completion;
- Mastery of prose in relation to policy writing and an articulate communicator; and
- The ability to work cohesively with stakeholders
Atome is Asia's fastest growing "buy now, pay later" brand that lets consumers split their bills into flexible deferred payments over time, with zero annual or processing fees. Short for "Available to Me", A-To-Me partners over 15,000 online and offline retailers across key verticals such as fashion, beauty, lifestyle, fitness and homeware in offering their consumers choice, flexibility and convenience in how they choose to shop and pay. We are live in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, mainland China and Japan.