The Consumer Insights & Usability Manager is responsible for identifying and exploring new opportunities through creative research methods and co-designing sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy. You will collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, IT, marketing and operations managers and developers to ensure your research is integrated into every aspect of the product, providing a holistic view of our users. This role reports to the Head of Consumer Insights & Usability under the Digital & Innovation Division.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you create.
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as banking for the traditional, fintech, cryptocurrency etc.
- Project-led initiatives: ranging from usage & attitude, market sizing / penetration, concept / idea evaluations, usability tests, post-launch deep-dives etc.
- Platform-led initiatives: primarily from internal data sources e.g. monthly customer satisfaction (CSAT) surveys, community platform ideas, social media etc. which can be synthesized as part of insights and/or recommendations.
- Malaysian citizen
- Degree in statistics, economics, behavioral or social science, or related Quantitative fields is preferred.
- 5 years of relevant experience creating analyses, consulting, quantitative research, qualitative research, behaviorist, or using data or any insights to formulate business insights.
- Expert understanding in design and conducting Quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale.
- Adequate understanding in designing and conducting Qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products.
Success Factors For this Role
- General knowledge on human behavior, psychology, and semiotics will be an added advantage.
- Have a passion to inspire business and stakeholders to be customer obsessed and narrate human and data stories that inspires products, strategy and market development.
- Well-versed in analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, with demonstrated success in using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions.
Hong Leong Bank Berhad is one of the leading financial services organisations in Malaysia. With a heritage of more than 100 years, it provides comprehensive financial services covering consumer banking, business banking and trade finance, treasury, branch and transaction banking, wealth management, private banking and Islamic financial services. Its merger with EON Bank Group in 2011 has further embedded its position as a core banking franchise with an expanded distribution network of more than 300 branches across the country.
With a proven track record in value creation and a highly recognised brand, Hong Leong Bank has also been extending its footprint in the region, with branches in Singapore and Hong Kong and wholly owned subsidiaries in Vietnam and Cambodia. In China, the Bank has a 20% shareholding in Bank of Chengdu Co., Ltd., Sichuan and a consumer finance joint venture.