The Solutions Consultant is a hands-on role (working in the low-code/no-code Provenir software using visual configurable objects and tools) and leads the technical aspects of project delivery to our clients. This role is suitable for someone who enjoys working with clients from inception through to production release and is eager to take ownership of the quality of the delivery, from initial solution design through requirements elicitation and ultimately into the commercially live domain. The Solutions Consultant will focus in the following areas:
- Interact with customers in a professional manner, demonstrating leadership and expertise when presenting solutions and status with the goal of projecting Provenir as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert.
- Provide best-in-class, impartial, practical, and actionable enhancement recommendations and thought leadership to our clients
- Nurture the client relationship to build long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
Business Domain Knowledge
- Understands and can demonstrate business acumen, knowledge of use cases in a variety of domains (credit risk, fraud, AML).
- Build and maintain relationships by making recommendations that engage business leaders, establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Data Science – risk modelling techniques
- Understands integration of various technical platforms and APIs, uses industry best practices, rules, technology and/or products to align the priorities of IT with the business and provides the configured business solution to meet client’s desired outcomes.
- Configure or guide the client in their configuration of the Provenir Solution.
Analysis and design
- Problem solve and develop approaches for challenging situations that address a unique client need.
- Able to analyze and document customer requirements and produce high-level technical designs.
- Participate in detailed data analysis that support our recommendations with fact.
- Translate and present complex data to non-technical personnel internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the client, internal Provenir teams and your colleagues to bring the best possible ideas forth for maximizing the business benefits of Provenir products.
- Consider the effectiveness of existing processes and suggest improvements. Collaborate with peers to 'productize' solutions, enabling reuse of solutions across multiple customers.
- Proactively participate in constantly improving Provenir’s solutions by bringing "from the field" ideas and perspective.
- Integration with source systems and configuration of API’s to 3rd party data providers: able to create well formed XSD schemas, XML document design and perform XSLT transformations. Previous experience implementing scalable SOAP services and WSDLs. Previous experience with RESTful API stateless architecture. Database integration with JDBC (desirable)
- Visual configuration of data models, data mapping and data transformation
- Elicitation of business rule requirements and visual configuration of these rules
- Knowledge of message queues: JMS (primarily MQSeries)
- Solution design and configuration: Sequence modelling, synchronous / asynchronous processes, micro services, batch processes, error handling, auditing
- Deployment of analytical models: ideally with some understanding of R, SAS or Python models
- Unit and system integration, load and stress testing and analysis of test data results (including fine-tuning of solutions to improve performance)
- Issues diagnosis and resolution – strong problem-solving capabilities. Interpretation of system logs
- Training of clients on the Provenir software (and bespoke solution delivered to the client) and enabling clients to become independent in the development and evolution of the bespoke solution provided to them
- Understanding of IT compliance, data protection with KYC and AML regulation knowledge being desirable
The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur office. Approximately 20% travel is required to support clients in APAC, typically at critical points within the delivery, like project initiation and/or handover of the solution to the client.
Bachelor’s/University degree in information technology, computer science, finance/economics, or a related field.
Proven track record with 6 years or more implementing system applications in a client facing role (which could include internal clients).
At Provenir, we recognize that diversity and inclusion make our teams stronger. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and welcome everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, citizenship, or veteran status or medical condition. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Provenir is a global fintech company with offices across North America, the UK, and Singapore. Provenir helps fintechs, financial institutions, and payment providers make smarter decisions, faster. We are passionate about technology and empowering businesses to become industry leaders. As a leading provider of decisioning and analytics products for financial services and other industries, we empower businesses to create digital-first decisioning solutions that drive business growth. If you’d like to work at an innovative fintech with a global footprint that is redefining the industry, then we want you!