About the Team:
This team is part of the Global Customer Service function, where it is at the heart of managing and balancing risk and reward for our global platform. We work closely with all our key stakeholders, such as Compliance, Product, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, and Payment Operations to successfully launch various global products while understanding the associated risks and management strategies for business growth.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have fraud & risk experience in a global environment, with proven track record of managing fraud risk operational teams. You’ll own the establishment of the fraud risk team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, including recruitment, establishing fraud processes, policies, and procedures/guidelines.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly support the growth and adoption of our products and features while building the fraud risk culture and risk management strategies.
- Complete comprehensive investigation using various tools and be accountable for all information researched and contained in each case file.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation.
- Review customer transactions to identify fraudulent activities such as account take over, friendly fraud, identity theft and similar acts/risks.
- Contact customer via phone and/or email to validate the transactions activities and account information.
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements.
- Investigate chargebacks / fraud claims and provide analysis on loss trends. Analyze trading and behavioral patterns and report suspicious accounts to prevent losses and detect fraud.
- Develop healthy partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to enhance investigative processes and minimize the company's risk; and prepare a comprehensive investigation report for all cases.
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers.
- Minimum Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, criminology, or other disciplines.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant fraud investigation experience.
- Fraud detection/risk management experience in the banking, financial and/or fintech sector.
- Strong ability to find fraud patterns, trends, and possess critical thinking skills.
- Experience with different payment methods and platforms.
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly.
- Willingly to work according to given shift schedule to support 24x7 operations.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written for English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Experienced in customer service is a plus.
Nice to Haves:
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate.
- Training/Experience in blockchain analytic tools (e.g.: Eliptic).
- Experience working with teams across offices and time zones.
- Fraud Risk Certification (CIPFA) is preferred or equivalent.
- Competitive remuneration package (Basic Salary + Yearly Bonuses).
- Meal Allowance up to RM 500/month
- Monthly Team Building
- RM 2500 Benefits per annum (Training & Wellness)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Convenient workplace (5 minutes walk from MRT TRX).
- Excellent prospects for growth and promotion - we provide you with assistance, opportunities for skill development, mentoring, and training programmes to help you succeed.
- Employee engagement, recognition and appreciation program.
- Multinational working environment - Advance your career by interacting with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and nations.
OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology. OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognized as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.