The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), is a leading provider of business and financial information on public and private companies globally. LSEG continues to build on a century of experience by transforming data into knowledge and combining LSEG's expertise with the latest technology to create new global data and analytical solutions for clients. With advanced data collection services, cloud-based applications, desktop analytics and print products. LSEG incorporate value added tools such as quantitative Smart Beta equity research and tools for portfolio building and measurement.
For LSEG Malaysia based in Kuching, Malaysia are currently recruiting for a research analyst position in the Sustainable Investments department. LSEG's research analysts are responsible for assessing the Climate Change performance disclosure of global companies. The Research Analyst is a critical function in the Sustainable Investment TPI team, gathering data which is used by the investment community to incorporate climate change governance and performance aspects into investment decision making and stewardship. LSEG is looking for individuals who are comfortable with strict weekly deliverable commitments and have high degree of ownership for the quality of work delivered.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from multiple information sources including annual reports, sustainability reports, websites, and other filings of publicly traded companies
- Analyse collected data as per a pre-defined TPI (Transition Pathway Initiative) Ratings methodology
- Support analysis with brief comments and rationale
- Provide appropriate references of source documents used
- Collect and analyse online news releases on ESG controversies related to companies
- The ability to work effectively with peers, leads, and manager – both within the team as well as other teams in multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent English Language Skills (written, reading, speech)
- Excellent Mandarin Languages Skills (written, reading, speech)
- Ability to work independently with high degree of ownership
- Ability to meet strict weekly timeliness and quality standards established by the department
- Ability to multi-task and be results driven.
- Experience with ESG factors; expertise in Sustainability
LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group) is a diversified international markets infrastructure business —earning clients’ trust for over 300 years. That legacy of customer-focused excellence ensures that you can rely on LSEG' s team expertise in capital formation, intellectual property and risk and balance sheet management.
As global leaders in financial indexing, benchmarking and analytic services, LSEG offers unrivalled access to international capital markets. LSEG's high-performance technology solutions enable companies worldwide to access funds for growth and development. And with Data & Analytics, Capital Markets and Post Trade divisions, LSEG provides a comprehensive, integrated suite of trusted financial market infrastructure services that help customers pursue—and achieve—their ambitions.