Gibraltar BSN Life Rebranded to FWD Insurance, Aman Chowla Takes Helm

Gibraltar BSN Life Rebranded to FWD Insurance, Aman Chowla Takes Helm

by August 1, 2023 0 comments

FWD Group announced the appointment of Aman Chowla as the new CEO for its Malaysian life insurance business and finalised the rebranding of from Gibraltar BSN Life to FWD Insurance Berhad.

Chowla brings with him more than 20 years of experience in the life and general insurance industry, having held CEO and COO roles for multinational insurance companies across Southeast Asia.

FWD Group first entered the Malaysian market in 2019 as a provider of family takaful products. Later that year, the company established its regional technology and innovation hub in Kuala Lumpur to support innovation across the whole of FWD Group’s business.

Then earlier this year, FWD Group and other investors had inked a deal to acquire 70% stake in Gibraltar BSN while Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) held the remaining 30%.

With the establishment of FWD Insurance in 2023, the company is now able to create a full-service offering in Malaysia, with both family takaful and life insurance solutions.

Binayak Dutta

Binayak Dutta

“We are delighted to welcome Aman to FWD to lead and grow our life insurance business in Malaysia. It’s an exciting time as we introduce our FWD brand to even more Malaysians and create a full-service offering in the country.


Aman is a seasoned industry veteran with great career experience and success in Malaysia. We look forward to leveraging his deep expertise in a market with fantastic long-term growth potential.”

said Binayak Dutta, Managing Director, Emerging Markets, and Group Chief Distribution Officer.

Aman Chowla

Aman Chowla

“FWD’s commitment to changing the way people feel about insurance, and its exciting growth plans in Malaysia, were defining factors in my decision to join the company.


I look forward to working closely with my new colleagues to bring FWD’s easy-to-understand products and services to more people in Malaysia,”

said Chowla.



No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

Your data will be safe!Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person.