The world is changing. We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual, and we want to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Luno welcomes crypto lovers and crypto newbies. You - just like everyone in the world - are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
We are a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters, and that you’d like to be part of this global change. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission.
- Luno means moon in Esperanto, we chose the name because at night, wherever you are in the world, you look up at the same moon. We believe in the power of working together, as one team, across borders, with clear focus and shared purpose.
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world's most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $21 billion to date.
- Over 9 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia and Singapore. Financial inclusion is part of our mission, but on a deeper level, inclusion is a way of life, and a way of work for us. It is part of who we are as a company, and a group of human individuals.
The role in a nutshell
The role is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to be part of a global cryptocurrency business. The Affiliate and Partnerships Lead will be responsible for growing and supporting our team of affiliates. Additionally, they will work with external partners to execute growth campaigns.
You will be based in the Kuala Lumpur office, and work directly with the Marketing Manager to excel in your mission.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the local landscape of cryptocurrency (and related industry) users: Who are our customers? Where are they hanging out? What do they talk about with other crypto enthusiasts?
- Executing local promotional partnership campaigns, covering all logistics from start to finish.
- Managing and monitoring Luno Malaysia’s referral programme.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local influencers, Bitcoin pioneers and other key crypto-fintech personalities. Working with these personalities to help support Luno’s operations and distribution in Malaysia.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our existing affiliates. Providing them support where necessary.
- Identifying, negotiating, and signing agreements with new high-performing affiliates in a scalable manner.
- Monitoring and improving performance of partnership and affiliate programmes, using central data architecture. Identifying opportunities for improvement, and implementing the improvements for better results.
- Sourcing for new growth opportunities.
- Identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with partnership leads within the finance/fintech/crypto/e-commerce/tech and other related industries.
- Working with internal (and external) teams to enhance the reach of our partnership and affiliate programmes — for example, collaborating with the Public Relations, Social Media, Customer Relationship Management and Growth teams.
- Strong work experience in strategising and managing an affiliate or referral program
- Demonstrable work experience in launching promotional partnership campaigns from start to finish involving conceptualisation, pitching, execution and review
- Proven success in managing an affiliate program including all communications with current affiliates and outreach to new affiliates
- Proven success in organising and delivering successful partnerships campaigns focusing on mass acquisition
- A strong network of contacts within the fintech, e-commerce, tech, FMCG and related industries
- At least a basic knowledge of how cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum work, enthusiasm to promote cryptocurrencies, and the ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand language
- Entrepreneurial skills with strategic thinking. A strong sense of responsibility and a high level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Further experience in other Marketing functions will be an added advantage
- Fluent in oral and written English and Bahasa Malaysia. Fluency in additional languages will be an added advantage
- Team Working: They support others and show respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams and customers.
- Analytical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicating well in writing and can explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Creative Thinking: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks outside the box to resolve problems.
- Planning and Organising: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follow directions and procedures. Delivers within the agreed time frames.
- Performance and Delivery: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company with over 9 million customers in 43 countries and a team of over 600. Luno operates across Africa, South East Asia, US and Europe.