The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Its mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of Commercial Banking clients including evaluating their loan applications, conducting credit reviews, marketing and cross-selling a wide range of banking products and services
- Monitor overall facility utilisation and profitability of the assigned portfolio
- Formulate and implement competitive customer retention and utilisation strategies to drive and develop the profitability of Commercial Banking business
- Build rapport and develop meaningful networking to maintain account relationships with both existing and prospective customers. Build client loyalty by establishing a trusted advisor relationship, as ‘The Trusted Banker to call’
- Identify clien ts’ needs and capture new financing and / or cross selling opportunities; negotiate for best margins to optimise profitability
- Possess a recognized degree.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good analytical skills in financial accounts and well-versed in cash flow analysis, independent, self-motivated, resourceful and result-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Willing to travel/mobile.
- To cross sell all other products within the bank including various types of commercial banking facilities, bancaassurance, workplace accounts, forex options etc
- To work closely with internal stakeholders including transaction banking, treasury, product & operations teams to ensure the portfolio meets planned KRA.
- To assess credit portfolios and identify early warnings via due diligence and to be well verse in all statutory and regulatory requirements as well as internal bank policies.
- Experience in handling cross border deals and identify new opportunities in the market via leveraging on the bank’s specially curated banking products.
- Collaborate with internal stake holders in bankwide eco-systems eg fintech/business digitalisation, cross border initiative, renewable energy and financial supply chain management to provide banking solution to existing and new clients.
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Its history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.