RHB Expands Dr. Siew’s Role as Its Group Chief Strategy and Innovation OfficerMay 17, 2022 0 comments
RHB Banking Group announced that it has appointed Dr. Siew Chan Cheong as its Group Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, an expansion to his previous role of Group Chief Strategy Officer.
This is in line with RHB’s drive to boost innovation and digitalisation which includes driving the operationalisation of its upcoming digital bank in partnership with Boost, the fintech arm of Axiata Group.
Boost and RHB had formed a partnership in June last year to form a digital bank consortium in a successful bid for one of the five digital bank licenses doled out by Bank Negara Malaysia recently.
In the digital bank consortium, Boost owns a majority stake of 60% while RHB holds the remaining 40%.
RHB had also made several other key internal movements and appointments within its senior management team.
These changes include the appointment of Syed Ahmad Taufik Albar as Managing Director of Group Wholesale Banking succeeding Mohd Rashid who was appointed Group Managing Director/Group CEO on 1 April 2022. Taufik was Group Chief Financial Officer up until January 2021 and subsequently appointed as Managing Director of Group International Business prior to his appointment to this new position.
Succeeding Taufik as Managing Director of Group International Business is Wendy Ting, who is currently the Head of Group Corporate Banking. Pursuant to the reorganisation, Wendy has been appointed as Managing Director of Group International Business & Group Corporate Banking. In addition to her existing role in managing the Group’s Corporate Banking portfolio, she will also oversee and drive the group’s regional business and operations, which includes Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Brunei.
RHB has also expanded the role of Norazzah Sulaiman with her appointment as the Group Chief Sustainability and Communications Officer.
The above senior leaders will continue to report to the Group Managing Director and Group CEO of RHB Banking Group.
“The movement and expansion of roles within our existing Senior Management team takes effect from 16 May 2022.
It underlines our focus towards the growth and development of our internal talents, and demonstrates our commitment in adapting to changes in the business landscape, while ensuring the effectiveness of our senior leadership bench in driving better performance paving the way for the implementation of our new Group strategy that will be announced in due course,”
said Mohd Rashid, Group Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer of RHB Banking Group.
No Comments so farJump into a conversation
No Comments Yet!You can be the one to start a conversation.